Contract Essentials Course
Invest in yourself by expanding your indemnification expertise
Taking this course will improve your skills and knowledge about indemnification.
Learn from Laura Frederick what you need to know to work on indemnification provisions in commercial contracts.
Sign Me Up!
This Contract Essentials course will help you ramp up your expertise and skills so you can draft and negotiate indemnification provisions with confidence.
Attend this session to gain more confidence and clarity about drafting and negotiating indemnification provisions in commercial contracts.
- Comprehensive understanding of general indemnification concepts: Develop a strong foundation in indemnification, from core obligations to obligation scope to covered claims.
- Exclusions in indemnification: Understand how exclusions can impact the scope and effectiveness of indemnification provisions.
- Practical insights into the indemnification process: Laura will teach you a step-by-step process of enforcing indemnification in contracts.
What you'll learn from this course
Laura Frederick explains complex indemnification concepts using her signature straightforward training style while using silly storylines to make the material more engaging.
Module 1 - Indemnification Concepts
- What is indemnification?
- Relationship to insurance and limitations of liability
- Using indemnification as a risk management tool
Module 2 - Core Obligations
- Deep dive into indemnify and hold harmless terminology
- How to match your approach on the defend element to your business goals
- Strategies for deciding whom to include as indemnified parties
Module 3 - Indemnification Scope
- What to include in losses and claims language
- Different strategies for nexus language
- Why using third-party claims language instead of bilateral claims is so important
Module 4 - Claims
- Detailed analysis of ways to shape your indemnity scope to cover infringement, bad conduct, products claims, and contract breaches
Module 5 - Exclusions and Mitigation
- How and when to add exclusions to the scope
- What to say IP infringement remedies
Module 6 - Indemnification Process
- What the process component should include as an indemnifying and an indemnified party
- Addressing settlement and other rights
Module 7 - Ask Laura Anything
- Laura answers indemnification questions from the audience attending the live workshop on November 2, 2023
The reviews are in!
Our attendees loved this training!
Plus the numbers speak for themselves
Sessions in the training course
Minutes of training by Laura
0 out of 100
Workshop ticket holders who asked for a refund under our Happiness Guarantee
Number of slides in the training deck
Excel rows of advice in the playbook
We REALLY want to help you master indemnification provisions, so we've lots of bonuses included
Laura's indemnification playbook
2+ hour audio recording
Slide deck and transcripts
Laura's indemnification tips and cartoons
Checklists, negotiation scripts, guides, and more
Bonus video training
Meet your instructor, Laura Frederick, Founder and CEO of How to Contract
Laura Frederick is a technology transactions lawyer by training. She worked on IP contracts throughout her career. In this workshop, she'll share the expertise she developed through her experience in Big Law and as in-house commercial counsel at a variety of companies including Tesla.
Can I share the videos, slides, and playbook with others in my company?
Do you have other Essentials courses I can check out?
Is CLE available?
Does the How to Contract "Happiness Guarantee" apply to this course?
I have more questions!
Sign up for the free How to Contract newsletter.
You'll get our weekly newsletter with a selection of contract tips, upcoming events, as well as other updates and announcements.